Buying Guide: Best Car Care Cleaning & Detailing Kits For The Money
Car care cleaning kits come in all shapes, sizes, and prices, as well as makers. They can also contain a wide variety of car cleaning products, from car wax to car wash soap and everything in between, aimed at almost every conceivable part of your car’s exterior and interior. The traditionally thought of highest quality kits and most familiar names in car cleaning kits have classically been Turtle Wax, Armor All, and Simoniz. These could also be termed, perhaps, the most “reliable” car care kits on the market, but this is a highly-competitive and “saturated” niche market–mainly due to the sheer number of car owners in the U.S. alone who will spend good money to make sure their cars shine–so the term “best” or most-reliable is relative.#1 Top Rated Car Cleaning & Detailing Kit (Editor Selection) — Click Here!
The question you should ask yourself when purchasing a new car care cleaning kit is “Does it contain all the various care care cleaning products I need?” From there, brand names become negotiable, and your new favorite car care cleaning kit may be a name you hadn’t heard of until you found them after putting in the key search terms for what you require in car care and cleaning.
- Our Car Care Cleaning & Detailing Kits Ratings At-A-Glance
- Top 10 Best Car Care Cleaning & Detailing Kits Reviewed
- Our Car Cleaning & Detailing Kit Reviews
- Meguiar’s G55048 Ultimate Car Care Kit Review
- Chemical Guys TEMP_201 Best Sellers Kit Review
- Lucas Oil 10558 Detail Kit Review
- Adam’s Essentials Complete Car Detailing Kit Review
- Griot’s Garage 11131 Starter Car Care Kit Review
- Mothers Car Care Detailing Kit Review
- Stoner Car Care Complete Car Care and Detailing Kit Review
- Meguiar’s G55032 Complete Car Care Kit Review
- Turtle Wax 5-Piece Complete Care Kit Review
- Pinnacle Complete Detailing Bag Kit Review
- What To Consider Before Buying
Our Car Care Cleaning & Detailing Kits Ratings At-A-Glance
Top 10 Best Car Care Cleaning & Detailing Kits ReviewedHere you'll find our list of the best car care cleaning kits for the money based on our team's ratings of the products. If you want to read reviews or get more product information, just scroll down the page or click on the links.
Pinnacle Complete Detailing Bag Kit
|(10 / 10)|
Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit
|(9.3 / 10)|
Stoner Car Care Complete Car Care and Detailing Kit
|(9.7 / 10)|
Turtle Wax 5-Piece Complete Care Kit
|(9.2 / 10)|
Mothers Hardcore Enthusiast Car Care Kit
|(9.8 / 10)|
Griot's Garage 11131 Starter Car Care Kit
|(9.2 / 10)|
Adam's Essentials Complete Car Detailing Kit
|(9.9 / 10)|
Lucas Oil 10558 Detail Kit
|(9.4 / 10)|
Chemical Guys TEMP_201 Best Sellers Kit
|(10 / 10)|
Meguiar's G55048 Ultimate Car Care Kit
|(9.4 / 10)|
Our Car Cleaning & Detailing Kit Reviews
Trouble deciding which kit is best for your automobile care needs? Keep reading to learn what our editors think about all of the kits listed above.
Meguiar’s G55048 Ultimate Car Care Kit Review
When seeking a complete set of quality car wash and detailing products, this kit has it all. You’ll be fully supplied for maintaining your vehicle’s finish in top form with Mequiar’s car care line, including Ultimate Wash and Wax, Ultimate Polish, Ultimate Liquid Wax, Ultimate Protectant (with trigger), Ultimate Quik Detailer, Ultimate Black, and Ultimate Compound. The pack also contains six microfiber towels, four foam applicator pads, water magnet and a microfiber wash mitt. Perfect for shining up paint, trim and exterior moldings while the microfiber towels and applicators prevent further damage due to scratches caused by inferior products.
Pros: Complete top-rated car care in a single bundle. Perfect for the home detailer enthusiast.
Cons: Check for leaking package upon arrival. Lids can become loose during shipment.
Chemical Guys TEMP_201 Best Sellers Kit Review
Some of the top car cleaning solutions all boxed together into one package with the Chemical Guys Best Sellers Kit. This is made by a variety of companies. You get VIP Supershine dressing to start, Diablo wheel gel, Mr. Pink super suds shampoo and conditioner. There is also the Jetseal Sealant and Paint Protector, which protects that shine you worked to hard to get on your car for up to a year. It also has some touch-up chemicals that can be used as needed. You can also remove scratches, and lift out stains with these chemicals.
Pros: Wide variety of products designed to keep your car looking great.
Cons: A little more expensive than other packages and not as many items.
Lucas Oil 10558 Detail Kit Review
Is your vehicle looking dull? Do you miss that new car smell and new car shine? This detailing kit comes with everything you need – from hood to tires along with the interior – to give your vehicle a make over. Comes with Speed Wax for a deep clean or quick touch up, three bottles of Slick Mist for the shine, Interior Detailer safe for rubber, metal, leather, vinyl and plastic and Tire & Trim Shine.
Pros: easy to use, easy to clean up
Cons: products tend to be watery
Adam’s Essentials Complete Car Detailing Kit Review
This best-selling kit by Adam’s Essentials has it all: for washing your car, use Adam’s Professional Car Wash Pad and Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo. After you dry off your car with Adam’s Great White Microfiber Drying Towel, Adam’s Detailing Clay bar spruces up your car’s paint job. You can then polish your vehicle with Revive Polish and Adam’s BLUE Microfiber Applicator. Then, deep clean with Adam’s Revive Fine Hand Polish. Finally, finish everything off with Adam’s Buttery Car Wax. Adam’s Super VRT Vinyl, Rubber & Tire Dressing also makes your car tires gleam like new. Between washes you can also use Adam’s Detail Spray .
Pros: This has everything you need for your car in one convenient package.
Cons: No wheel cleaning brush included.
Griot’s Garage 11131 Starter Car Care Kit Review
If you are a “rookie” when it comes to keeping your car in great shape, Griot’s Garage Starter Car Care Kit, is a great way to get started. This kit is also environmentally save with biodegradable substances that won’t harm plants or animals. It utilizes the paint cleaning clay that is popular, as well as standard wash, wax and cleaning compounds. There is also a speed wax included that you may apply in five minutes to restore shine between heavier wax jobs.
Pros: Easy to use and there are instructions for the car care beginner. People like the quality of this product as well.
Cons: Some people report problems with packaging, receiving the package with some containers having leaked or not full.
Mothers Car Care Detailing Kit Review
Click Here for Amazon Price
It just seems a car would appreciate a kit like this – if you believe cars have feelings – which includes a lot of top notch cleaning materials. It starts with a car wash, and the California Gold Clay Bar system. It has a standard car wax, and a spray wax for touch up type waxing between the more heavy duty cleanings. It is a nine-piece kit which offers substantial savings over buying these products individually. This package will clean and protect your entire vehicle inside and out.
Pros: This system is very easy to use. No heavy duty rubbing required.
Cons: Packages are small, meaning you may run out of one thing before other things. Bigger quantities of most used items would help this package.
Stoner Car Care Complete Car Care and Detailing Kit Review
If you want to keep your car beautiful, and use the same products on other vehicles, the Stoner Car Care Complete Care and Detailing Kit, is for you. This kit contains 12 cans of material for cleaning and waxing the exterior, as well as chemicals for cleaning glass, upholstery, tires, vinyl and rubber. There are also two cleaning cloths included, and a carrying case that makes it all easy to manage. The products here are also good for RV’s, campers and boats.
Pros: Customers like that the product is very easy to use, even the wax does not require a lot of rubbing.
Cons: Some reviewers note that it does not have any kind of leather cleaner.
Meguiar’s G55032 Complete Car Care Kit Review
If you take a lot of pride in your car, and want it to look its very best, the Megular’s Complete Car Care Kit could be just what you are looking for. It starts with a car wash liquid, and includes wax, inside detail cleaners and tire cleaners. With this kit you can make any car look, smell and feel like new. It has 11 different products, all designed to allow you to do a professional quality detailing job on your vehicle. It also comes with instructions on how to use these products. Buying them all separately would cost much more.
Pros: Just about everything you could need in one box
Cons: Some would have liked a wax applicator in the package.
Turtle Wax 5-Piece Complete Care Kit Review
This kit has everything you need to keep your vehicle’s interior and exterior looking its best. Make your car’s surfaces gleam like new by not only cleaning them, but finish off the job with Turtle’s Super Protectant that restores your interior’s original color and coats it with a water-resistant shine. The Turtle Wax Complete care Kit also includes a premium microfiber towel, Zip Wax Car Wash and Wax, Express Shine Carnauba Spray Wax, Wet’n Black Ultra Wet Tire Shine.
Pros: This kit takes care of all your car’s basic cleaning needs. Also protects against UVA/UVB and water damage.
Cons: Does not come with tire cleaning brush. May need more than one towel for a deep clean.
Pinnacle Complete Detailing Bag Kit Review
The Pinnacle Complete Detail Bag Kit includes all the premium care products you need to take care of the exterior of your car. The kit contains Bodywork Shampoo, Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, Glasswork Windshield Washer Booster, Clay Lubricant, Ultra Poly Clay, 2 microfiber towels, 2 foam wax applicator pads, 1 microfiber applicator pad, and a heavy duty bag to keep it all in.
Pros: The bag is designed for ease of use and easily holds all of the products. The kit contains everything you need to care for your car’s exterior minus the wheels.
Cons: There is not a complete how to guide showing you step by step application of each product or the frequency that you should use it.
What To Consider Before Buying
Here are the main things you’ll want to look for in a car care cleaning kit:
1. Highest customer ratings. Amazon is one of the best places to shop online for nearly anything, and they also feature highly-rated car care kits with names like Pinnacle, Meguiar’s, Lexol, Chemical Guys, and Griot’s Garage. Other top brands in car care kits include Mother’s, Turtle Wax, Adam’s Polishes, Wolfgang, and 303 Products. Stick with these high quality brands who have built a reputation on making quality auto care products, and you are certain to end up with a great kit.
2. Variety, and getting the most for your money. Everyone wants to know they’re getting the most possible for their money, so which car care kits give you the most “bang for your buck”? It looks like Meguiar’s is also high on that list, as is Griot’s Garage. This is probably another reason why those companies have received such high ratings from our team of experts. “Getting the most for your money” isn’t just about the quantity of various products found in a particular car care kit, necessarily. The potency and quality of what’s found in the number of bottles, jars, tubs, etc. you purchase is just as important–if not more so. For those of you with leather interiors, Lexol gets another mention in this category, as they’ve gone a long way towards customer fulfillment, with only featuring, on average, 3 or 4 products per kit. In the traditional sense of getting the most–quantity and quality–for your dollar, aside from the aforementioned Meguiar’s and Griot’s Garage, Pinnacle Natural Brilliance, though pricey it does give you a lot for your money, as does Dr. Beasley’s AK12 Showroom Shine, though it is by far the priciest car care kit we’ve tested so far. To answer the question, “Who gives me the most for the least amount of money?” this reviewer would have to say Meguiar’s
3. Price. We’ve talked about ratings and getting the most for your money, now the question is, “Which car care cleaning kit has the best prices for the quality offered?” According to our team of reviews, that would likely, again, be Meguiar’s, Griot’s Garage, and Lexol Leather Care. If you’re looking for both cheap and effective, (and you own a black car) you might want to go for the Turtle Wax Black Box Kit, which we found to be very affordable very good quality. A good leather interior alternative to the pricier Lexol would be the Turtle Wax Deep Cleaning Interior Kit, also very affordable. The Turtle Wax 5-Piece Complete Care Kit is another affordable option for those on a budget needing a cheap car care kit, and contains wax, protectant, tire shine, interior cleaner, and microfiber towel.
4. Eco-Friendly Options. Many are concerned about the toxic chemicals which car care products contain, and seek out those that are not only good for the ecology, but also go easy on their own health. Eco Green Auto Clean offers conscientious car care kit shoppers a needed alternative, and for an affordable cost. Made from a plant-based, biodegradable formula, and purporting to save 50 gallons of water per wash, it also sports high ratings from our review team. Eco Touch Premium Car Care also offers another alternative and a “waterless wash” concentrate along with two other formulas that are also plant-based.
So, those are the main things to look for when shopping for a new car care cleaning kit, though of course your particular car and cleaning needs may demand other search parameters in order to give you the best idea of exactly which car care kit will work optimally for you.