Buying Guide: Find the Best Waterproof Speakers
The best waterproof speakers overall can cost a pretty penny, but you already know you want one. They can fill an entire area with sound from one relatively small device. When way back, you needed massive speakers strategically placed around a room to get the same effect.
Not to mention the wiring and cables that came with the setup – after it’s all said and done. You need to secure cables and wiring for safety or in the case of an outdoor, temporary set up, break it all down. Many speakers today are wireless. And can access any music you’d like through Spotify, Pandora, iTunes, or other applications.
- Bluetooth Capabilities of The Best Waterproof Speakers
- How We Chose Our Ratings of The Best Waterproof Speakers
- The 10 Best Waterproof Speakers Comparison Table
- Sony SRS-XB41 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Charge 3
- Fugoo Sport XL
- Bose SoundLink Revolve+ Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Anker SoundCore Sport XL Waterproof Speaker
- Ultimate Ears Blast Smart Waterproof Speaker
- Sony XB10 Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Braven Ready Elite Waterproof Portable Speaker
- Lifeproof Aquaphonics AQ9 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Here's Our Full Review of The 10 Best Waterproof Speakers For 2018
- 1. Sony SRS-XB41 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- 2. Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- 3. JBL Charge 3
- 4. Fugoo Sport XL
- 5. Bose SoundLink Revolve+ Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- 6. Anker SoundCore Sport XL Waterproof Speaker
- 7. Ultimate Ears Blast Smart Waterproof Speaker
- 8. Sony XB10 Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- 9. Braven Ready Elite Waterproof Portable Speaker
- 10. Lifeproof Aquaphonics AQ9 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Buyers Guide – What to Consider When Buying Best Waterproof Speakers
Bluetooth Capabilities of The Best Waterproof Speakers
If you want to connect various speakers, you can do so with Bluetooth capabilities. When you make this investment, however, you want to make sure it’s protected. Waterproof speakers give you the peace of mind. That the equipment will be durable enough to withstand at least some water exposure and wear. When looking for a waterproof speaker. You’ll want to search for its IP rating, a rating used to gauge water resistance. The market for the best waterproof speakers is saturated, pun intended.
Here are our top suggestions to help you choose the best waterproof speakers for your needs.
How We Chose Our Ratings of The Best Waterproof Speakers
The best waterproof speakers featured on the list were rated based on quality, durability, customer reviews. And the overall functionality of the device. We also considered the popularity of the blogs as a proof of their authenticity and authority.
We always rate our examples honestly based on our experience. And strive for accuracy by verifying the sources we use for the examples that we choose.
The 10 Best Waterproof Speakers Comparison Table
Sony SRS-XB41 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
Produces exceptional sound with its duo 58-millimeter audio drivers
Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
Delivers 360-degree sound
JBL Charge 3
Fit in a backpack or other bag
Fugoo Sport XL
An extra-large size that is fitting for water-geared events
Bose SoundLink Revolve+ Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
Allows for 360-degree sound
Anker SoundCore Sport XL Waterproof Speaker
Ultimate Ears Blast Smart Waterproof Speaker
Great sound quality but doesn't always play nice with other devices and apps.
Sony XB10 Waterproof Wireless Speaker
Very nice, with good quality and features
Braven Ready Elite Waterproof Portable Speaker
Its immense 10,000 mAh gives it the ability to charge other devices
Lifeproof Aquaphonics AQ9 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
It has excellent sound quality and has the battery size to provide 16 hours
Here's Our Full Review of
The 10 Best Waterproof Speakers For 2018
1. Sony SRS-XB41 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- BOOST THE BEAT: Get ready to hear the bass drop with the speaker's Extra Bass enhanced low-end tones
- VIRTUAL HAPPY HOUR: Turn your virtual happy hour party into a dance party with flashing lights, EXTRA BASS, and long...
- HEAR IT LIVE: Listen to music a whole new way with the Live Music three-dimensional sound experience
The Sony SRS-XB41 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker is considered to be one of the most enticing best waterproof speakers on the market. Beyond just producing great sound, it also has built-in lights that you can personalize using an app.
In addition to its multicolor line light and flashing strobe. The Sony SRS-XB41 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker used as a percussion instrument. Whose volume changes based on how hard you tap it.
The Sony SRS-XB41 produces exceptional sound with its duo 58-millimeter audio drivers. It can hold a charge for up to 24 hours and is fully submergible in water.
The speaker can also be paired with multiple other speakers for a complete sound experience. For its ability used for more than producing great sound, this waterproof speaker gets a perfect score.
2. Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Waterproof
- SUPRISINGLY GOOD SOUND: Super portable wireless bluetooth speaker with 360° sound that is bright, beautiful with a...
- WATERPROOF: Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM is seriously waterproof and floats. WONDERBOOM was born to get wet and is...
- 10-HOUR BATTERY LIFE - Play for up to 10 hours on a single charge. Listen to your music for longer without having to get...
The Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker has a long name and a charming design. This waterproof speaker is a great option. If portability is a consideration in your choice of waterproof speaker.
The WONDERBOOM Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker delivers a strong sound. It delivers 360-degree sound using two built-in audio drivers and two passive radiators to produce deep low sounds.
The WONDERBOOM Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker is available in a selection of colors. And can give up to 10 hours of music wirelessly on one battery charge. It can also be paired with other speakers to deliver sound on a larger scale.
One of the best waterproof speakers for flexibility.
3. JBL Charge 3
- Bluetooth - Wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing powerful stereo...
- Battery type : Lithium-ion Polymer (22.2Wh)2) 20 hours of playtime(varies by volume level and content)
- IPX7 Waterproof
The JBL Charge 3 is one of several JBL speakers. What makes this one unique addition to our list is its perfect size which lies between that of the JBL4 and JBL Xtreme.
The JBL Charge is a portable speaker that can fit in a backpack or other bag but is still on the larger side of the spectrum. It has an exposed bass radiator for better sound. And has IPX7 waterproof fabric that covers the entirety of the speaker.
The waterproof gives the JBL Charge 3 the ability to be submerged under one meter of water for about 30 minutes. The Charge 3 can also hold one charge for up to 20 hours which gives it an advantage over other waterproof speakers. The long charge is perfect if you're taking the speaker to a location where charging is not an option.
4. Fugoo Sport XL
- 360 degree sound with 8 symmetrically placed drivers crank out clean highs, midrange punches and deep, roaring lows. 4...
- 100% Waterproof and the perfect teammate for the beach, paddle boarding and sailing. IP67 rating insures it can go 3’...
- 35-HOUR BATTERY LIFE - Best-in-its-class battery life means more than a day and a half of continuous jams, uninterrupted...
The Fugoo Sport XL is one of the best waterproof speakers out there. It has an extra-large size that is fitting for water-geared events such as pool parties. Fugoo takes pride in building durable products. And the Fugoo Sport XL has sound quality to match its durability.
The Fugoo Sport XL has a design that helps give out sound evenly no matter where you’re standing. This design compliments the Sport XL’s strategically placed eight drivers. Including two sub/mid drivers, four tweeters for the high notes, and two passive radiators.
Great Battery Life
The Fugoo Sport XL has a great battery that can hold a charge for up to 35 hours of continuous playback. A fringe benefit of this, you can use the speaker to charge your phone which is fantastic if you’re spending a day at the beach. You can access Siri, Google Now, or even hook up your classic iPod.
While the Sport XL isn’t portable, it does pack an audio punch. And its Sport XL jacket allows floating if dropped in water. It can also be submerged for up to 3 feet for up to 30 minutes.
Overall this is a fantastic product.
5. Bose SoundLink Revolve+ Waterproof
- Delivers Deep, loud, jaw dropping sound with True 360 degree coverage
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately...
- Flexible fabric handle makes it easy to grab and go; seamless aluminum body is durable and water resistant (IPX4)
The Bose SoundLink Revolve+ Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker has a design that is reminiscent of a lantern. The design allows for 360-degree sound which you can hear from any location. The Waterproof Speaker has a handle on top that helps with transportation from one area to another.
The Bose SoundLink Revolve+ is IPX4 certified which means that though it can tolerate a bit of water here and there. It's not submersible. It's size also makes it less portable which means you can’t strap the Bose SoundLink Revolve+ to a backpack. But you can use the handle.
The SoundLink Revolve+ has a surprisingly long battery life of over 16 hours on one charge. Another feature, its ability to access Siri or Google Now via a button on its top right.
6. Anker SoundCore Sport XL Waterproof Speaker
The Anker SoundCore Sport XL Waterproof Speaker is a waterproof speaker for those looking for a budget-friendly option. The SoundCore provides quality sound for the price tag. The SoundCore has two drivers with wide frequency response and two subwoofers for the pumping bass.
The battery life for the SoundCore is up to 15 hours. And can endure falls onto hard surfaces and submersion a little over one meter of water. Anker supports the SoundCore Sport XL with a solid 18-month warranty.
7. Ultimate Ears Blast Smart Waterproof Speaker
- Ultimate Sound: Our most powerful speaker with 360° intensely rich sound, stunning clarity, and heart-pounding bass....
- With Amazon Alexa hands-free voice control: Just ask Alexa to blast tunes from Spotify (as of May 2018), Amazon Music,...
- Waterproof and virtually indestructible: Never worry about going easy on it, your music will always be on point. The...
The Ultimate Ears Blast Smart Waterproof Speaker disappointed many fans of Ultimate Ears speakers. While the sound quality is excellent, buyers say it doesn't play nice with other devices and apps.
One reviewer wrote:
“Ultimately I do recommend this device, it's very clear, very loud, integrates Alexa commands perfectly and has decent battery life. Just be aware though that it won't control Spotify via Alexa. The battery life is not what is promised (but still good overall) and it will not pair with another UE device."
They also said they could only play Sirius XM with BlueTooth and not with Alexa.
Worth It for Those Who Love the Sound
Yet some say it's worth putting up with the glitches.
"There are certainly more reasonably priced devices that will do many of what this speaker offers. But if you want a great all-in-one solution, are aware of some of the limitations of the device and its app and are willing to pay the money you cannot beat the UE Blast..” -Amazon Reviewer
8. Sony XB10 Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Feel the power of EXTRA BASS
- Connect and stream music easily with Bluetooth and NFC. Bluetooth- Compatible Profiles-A2DP/AVRCP/HFP/HSP
- Water-resistant design for worry-free listening indoors or out
One Amazon customer had this to say about the Sony XB10 Waterproof Wireless Speaker.
“This speaker is very nice, with good quality and features. I was looking for something robust to take to the beach, with loud volume, and long battery life, but also lightweight and with just the right size. This speaker has all these features.
High Quality Sound
The sound is very loud and without distortion, even at the maximum volume. The build is of high quality, as it is always the case with SONY products, and it looks very nice too. The Bluetooth pairing is very easy, and the controls are intuitive.
I particularly like the added detachable support. Which allows placing the speaker horizontally greatly enhancing the sound quality.
Also, while the speaker is at maximum volume and even standing vertically, the rubber bottom keeps it steady without vibration. Overall this is an excellent speaker to carry anywhere outdoors or to just use indoors, and it is very recommended. …”
Excellent Product for beach or poolside
9. Braven Ready Elite Waterproof Portable Speaker
- The Braven Ready Elite is the loudest speaker in our wireless outdoor audio series with brilliant bass and heavenly...
- Bluetooth Smart enabled, two subwoofers develop deep, rumbling bass balanced by two massive, extended range drivers and...
- The Braven Ready Elite has cast alloy tie down points to securely strap it to anything, to boats, UTVs or stand Ready...
The Braven Ready Elite Waterproof Portable Speaker is the favorite in the category of large waterproof speaker. The Ready Elite has subwoofers, two tweeters for high sounds, and extended audio drivers that work to produce a balanced, high-quality sound experience.
The Ready Elite is large enough to be used outside during parties. Its immense 10,000 mAh gives it the ability to charge other devices through its full USB port. The Ready Elite has an IP68 rating and a tough body meaning it can be completely submerged in water.
With one of the best waterproof speakers get ready to host a pumping party.
10. Lifeproof Aquaphonics AQ9 Waterproof
The Lifeproof Aquaphonics AQ9 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker is very durable and can sustain drops that are up to 4 feet. It’s the perfect waterproof speaker for those looking for something portable and affordable.
While there still aren't many reviews on Amazon, online reviewers on other sites love the sound quality and toughness.
The small speaker has excellent sound quality and has the battery size to provide 16 hours of continuous play. A built-in carabiner gives the speaker the ability to hook on to anything adding to the ease of portability.
If you’re looking for something a bit larger, Lifeproof has larger models that will provide a bigger sound.
Overall, this speaker is great for those who want to maximize on both portability and quality.
Buyers Guide – What to Consider When Buying Best Waterproof Speakers
When buying a waterproof speaker, remember that you are buying a speaker with this feature for peace of mind and because you need a speaker.
The waterproof speaker needs to be both the level of waterproof you’d like and the speaker must provide excellent sound quality. After all, you are buying a speaker because producing sound is its main function and it’s what you want.
Know what you want to use the waterproof speaker for.
Do you need it in the shower? The fully submersible, portable Lifeproof Aquaphonics AQ9 is the perfect solution. Want to through the ultimate pool party? The Raven Elite might be your best friend. With this guide, you’ll be able to find the best waterproof speaker that fits you.
Let the music play.