Buying Guide: Best Built-In Dishwashers (2017)
Whether you have a large family or simply prefer to not wash dishes by hand, a dishwasher will make the task of cleaning up after meals much quicker and easier. A built-in dishwasher is the most common type of dishwasher. This type of dishwasher is hooked up to the plumbing system and installed under the countertop. There are several models, styles, designs and brands of dishwashers to choose from, so it can be slightly overwhelming when you are trying to choose the best one for you. This buying guide will help make it much easier to select the ideal dishwasher for your needs.
Top 10 Best Daypacks for Travel Rated (2017)our rating is based on value and quality
Osprey Packs Nebula Daypack
|(9.7 / 10)|
JanSport Superbreak Backpack
|(9.1 / 10)|
Osprey Packs Daylite Plus Daypack
|(9.6 / 10)|
High Sierra Loop Backpack
|(9.1 / 10)|
NeatPack Versatile Canvas Sling Bag / Travel Backpack
|(9.5 / 10)|
Herschel Supply Co. Heritage Backpack
|(9.3 / 10)|
Osprey Packs Daylite Daypack
|(9.3 / 10)|
Kipling Seoul Backpack
|(9.5 / 10)|
HEXIN Rated 20L/33L Lightweight Waterproof Foldable Daypack
|(9 / 10)|
Pacsafe Metrosafe LS350 Anti-Theft 15L Backpack
|(9.4 / 10)|
Modern dishwashers are available with a wide range of features to help get your dishes clean and sanitized. In some situations, the more features available the greater the cost. Some of the most common features available on built-in dishwashers include:
- Energy-saving-this feature provides you with the option to use a short wash, which will reduce the amount of energy and time required to clean the dishes. This type of feature is best for full loads that are lightly soiled.
- Soil sensors-this is an energy-saving feature that is available on all Energy Star dishwashers. Soil sensors are designed to automatically adjust the cleaning cycle to the amount of soil on the dishes.
- Water filtration-keep in mind when choosing this option that dishwashers with self-cleaning filters are typically more expensive than dishwashers with manually cleaning filters.
- Quiet technology-most modern dishwashers come with this feature, however, the level of quiet varies. For example, a whisper quiet dishwasher typically operates between 40 to 46 decibels.
- High-efficiency water jets-these are high powered spray nozzles that provide a greater cleaning power, without increasing the water use.
- Wash zones-some dishwashers come with special wash zones, which allow you to put heavier soiled items in a zone designed to provide a greater cleaning power without increasing the energy need to wash heavy soiled items.
What to Consider Before Buying
Built-in dishwashers are sold in a standard size of 24-inches wide and the height is designed to fit in a standard cabinet height. If you have done a remodeling project, it is important to take careful measurements to ensure the addition of a new floor or countertop didn’t alter the standard height. Other things to consider include:
- Price-dishwashers vary greatly in price, depending on the brand, model and features. It is important to have a budget in mind when shopping for a dishwasher, but you should also not allow the price to prevent you from getting the dishwasher that meets your needs.
- Energy and water consumption-typically the cost for these features do not vary to greatly. The primary difference is extremely low cost dishwashers do not have built-in sensors to control the energy and water use.
- Design-there are several designs options to choose from, but the most important thing to consider is choosing a dishwasher that has the features and style you prefer. For example, if the other appliances in your kitchen are stainless steel, you may opt for a dishwasher with a stainless steel front as opposed to a plastic front.
Before you head out to the local appliance store, it is important to do a little research. This will allow you to have a better idea of the brands available and an estimated cost. Make sure to create a list that includes the features you are interested in and take the list with you when shopping for your dishwasher.
image: Pixabay CC0 Public Domain